Vegas Rottweilers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum that welcomes all!

Latest topics

» RE LAUNCH ON FACEBOOK
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm by loppylou080

» If you are looking for a Rottie pup
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am by FEsrigoHL

» Srigo's Press Your Luck aka Wishious
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am by FEsrigoHL

» tips
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm by RockyRottweiler

» does your dog like veg?
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:07 pm by RockyRottweiler

» Reinforcement
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 pm by RockyRottweiler

» DOG FOOD ALLERGIES
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm by RockyRottweiler

» BAD FOODS FOR DOGS
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm by RockyRottweiler

» HOMEMADE DOG BISCUIT RECIPES, TREATS, SUPPLIMENTS
Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 pm by RockyRottweiler

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of Vegas Rottweilers on your social bookmarking website

Navigation

Affiliates

4 posters

Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger!

loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2008-06-15

Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! Empty Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger!

Post by loppylou Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:27 pm

'Romeo' bull trapped by heifers

The bulls ran through city centre streets

Two bulls triggered a major police operation after they dashed to freedom from an abattoir in Stoke-on-Trent.
    The pair were spotted running though the streets at 0830 BST on Tuesday after escaping from Longman's abattoir in Hanley.

Although one was caught soon after it broke through the site's fences, it was another two hours before the other was trapped half a mile away outside a photography shop in the Piccadilly area of the city centre.

A barricade of police cars and passing lorries was formed around the shop and a consignment of heifers was brought in to entice the bull.

Firearms unit

Within minutes he was following the heifers back into the abattoir's van, earning him the nickname Romeo.

At the height of the incident, Staffordshire Police's central firearms unit had been called in because it was feared they may have to shoot the runaway bull.

It must have been love, that's all I can say

Inspector Frank Gibbons

Several streets and shops were closed while the police operation was carried out.

Inspector Frank Gibbons, of Staffordshire Police, led a team of officers on a chase to capture Romeo.

He told BBC Radio Stoke: "It caused a lot of disruption to the city centre but the main thing was the safety of everyone concerned.

"We were able to get the bull safely back and nobody was injured. The RSPCA was here working with Longman's and ourselves and they did a terrific job."

However, he said that he was surprised at how quickly Romeo took a shine to the heifers.

"It must have been love, that's all I can say."

Meanwhile Romeo was taken back to Longman's where he was put down as originally intended.
    jazzanova
    jazzanova
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female
    Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! Empty Re: Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger!

Post by jazzanova Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:30 pm

Aww poor old Romeo
    bordercolliepup
    bordercolliepup
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 709
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger! Empty Re: Romeo bull trapped by heffas! your not making me into a beef burger!

Post by bordercolliepup Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:48 pm

Oh poor bugger ,
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:25 pm

poor lad thought he had got away with it!
    Jen
    Jen
    TopDog

Female
    Number of posts : 1735
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

Post by Jen Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:20 pm

lol! poor little bugga
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:07 pm

at least he can say he tryed!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:45 am