Vegas Rottweilers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum that welcomes all!

Latest topics

» RE LAUNCH ON FACEBOOK
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm by loppylou080

» If you are looking for a Rottie pup
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am by FEsrigoHL

» Srigo's Press Your Luck aka Wishious
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am by FEsrigoHL

» tips
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm by RockyRottweiler

» does your dog like veg?
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:07 pm by RockyRottweiler

» Reinforcement
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 pm by RockyRottweiler

» DOG FOOD ALLERGIES
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm by RockyRottweiler

» BAD FOODS FOR DOGS
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm by RockyRottweiler

» HOMEMADE DOG BISCUIT RECIPES, TREATS, SUPPLIMENTS
VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 pm by RockyRottweiler

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of Vegas Rottweilers on your social bookmarking website

Navigation

Affiliates

+3
Jen
minnie
loppylou
7 posters

VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor!

loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2008-06-15

VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! Empty VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor!

Post by loppylou Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:21 pm

I have recieved all the paperwork today which i am in the process of filling out, Its going to be a few months before vegas fits the critera but when she does im sure she will be accepted,

These are some of the areas where she will be tested;

1. Assessor to describe the inital behaviour of the dog on meeting......

2. Owner to demonstrate relaxed walking without pulling without walking aids such as head collers, harness or check chain.............did not pull at all, pulled but only a little, pulled strongly.

3. Owner to demonstare control with dog on lead whilst holding a converstaion.......Dog required repeted commands to stay close, a few gental commands were required, no commands were required dog stayed calm and by owners side.

4. owner to demonstrate grooming of dogs back, chest, stomach, and around tail....... calm, excited,mouthing, rolling over, backing away.

5. owner to demonsrate restricting the dog by holding his coller and pulling him close....... accepted readly, struggled, escaped hold, mouth owner, growl.

6. assessor to stoke and make a fuss of the dog.......calm, backing away, enjoying it, jumping up, excited pawing you, mouthing, inddiferent, rolling over.

7. assessor to examin the dog paws, ears, hold tail..... accepted readly, growl, struggle, escape hold.

8. offer a small treat did the dog,...... not take it, snatch it so you felt teeth, take it greedley, take it gently.
    minnie
    minnie
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female
    Number of posts : 438
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! Empty Re: VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor!

Post by minnie Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:08 pm

i bet your realy excited . cheers
    Jen
    Jen
    TopDog

Female
    Number of posts : 1735
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor! Empty Re: VEGAS to be a Pets As Therapy Visitor!

Post by Jen Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:47 pm

hi lou i have messaged my aunty again asking her to send the vaccination card and as soon as she messages me back i will let you know huni! its pissing me off because they should have given you it when you picked her up. If push comes to shuv i will ring the vets she was registered with and see if i can get a copy, as this should be accepted with a letter from the vet, stating the dates and vaccinations on it. "hopefully" my aunty will get back to me tonight.
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:49 pm

no probs jen, its going to be a few months yet before she is ready for being assesed its just so i know iv got it, like you said it shouldnt be a problem getting past history from your vet.
    trinel
    Mans Best Friend
    Mans Best Friend

Number of posts : 44
    Registration date : 2008-09-04

Post by trinel Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 am

Also at the same time you are training for this. try the good citizian dog scheme run by the kennel club. For the exercises are quite similiar. Smile
    I use this as a good grounding for all my dogs before competing/working them Laughing Cool
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 am

I have quite high standards for my dogs, i believe that rottweilers especially need to learn fast who is boss and to respond to commands quickly, Since we have not have Vegas very long i think it may take up to a few months to get her ready for the PATS test as well as the Good citizan dog scheme, There both brillaint ideas and should be a base for all dogs training, Im not sure if Titch will ever be suitable for this kind if training, we have established i am his leader and my family are higher than him, hence he takes disapline very well from them but due to the way he has been raised (see rescue post) i dont think he will ever be truely submissive and calm around others. I know they say you cant teach a old dog new tricks but can you teach a 2 yr old new thinking?
    Chicco
    Chicco
    Pack Member
    Pack Member

Female
    Number of posts : 73
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by Chicco Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:44 am

I do hope she does become a PAT dog.

It is excellent to have our breed in such a role to promote the good side of the rottie.

We certainly need it.
    minnie
    minnie
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female

Post by minnie Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:22 pm

lou when im away next week i am going to visit family and friends so i will be calling in to see my brother and will give him a kick up the bum to find her vet information. i will be intouch with him before i go so hopefully he will have found it , they are so unorganised .
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:41 pm

ok no probs
    wildheart
    wildheart
    Mans Best Friend
    Mans Best Friend

Female
    Number of posts : 31
    Registration date : 2008-07-31

Post by wildheart Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:11 pm

you have to own the dog for 6 month before you can put her in for her assesment.........we have 2 registered PAT dogs, spice passed when she was 9 month old, louis was 2 when he passed
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:41 pm

I know thats why i said it will be a few months before she can do the test, i can fill the paperwork out now though and practice with her training.
    bordercolliepup
    bordercolliepup
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 709

Post by bordercolliepup Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Im sure Vegas , will pass with flying colors , keep us informed Lou , she's a real sweety,, she's not mine Sad but I love her all the same Very Happy
    minnie
    minnie
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female

Post by minnie Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:45 am

keep it up lou ,well all celebrate at the end of her training , keep us up to date Very Happy
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female

Post by loppylou Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:48 am

shall do, she has to be 9mnts old and i have to have had her for 6 months before she can pass but i will keep you up to date on all progress made! Very Happy
    Jen
    Jen
    TopDog

Female
    Number of posts : 1735

Post by Jen Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:46 pm

hi lou i have ang the veta a few times to track down vegas's vaccination records and they are going to send me a vaccination record of when she had her jabs, so as soon as i get them, i will send them to you. can you please pm me your address so i can send them asap after i get the letter thanks jen

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 1:11 am