Vegas Rottweilers

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Forum that welcomes all!

Latest topics

» RE LAUNCH ON FACEBOOK
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptyWed Jul 16, 2014 12:58 pm by loppylou080

» If you are looking for a Rottie pup
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:49 am by FEsrigoHL

» Srigo's Press Your Luck aka Wishious
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 1:40 am by FEsrigoHL

» tips
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:08 pm by RockyRottweiler

» does your dog like veg?
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:07 pm by RockyRottweiler

» Reinforcement
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:05 pm by RockyRottweiler

» DOG FOOD ALLERGIES
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:03 pm by RockyRottweiler

» BAD FOODS FOR DOGS
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 10:02 pm by RockyRottweiler

» HOMEMADE DOG BISCUIT RECIPES, TREATS, SUPPLIMENTS
5 yr old mauled by a dog EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 9:59 pm by RockyRottweiler

Social bookmarking

Bookmark and share the address of Vegas Rottweilers on your social bookmarking website

Navigation

Affiliates

5 posters

5 yr old mauled by a dog

bordercolliepup
    bordercolliepup
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 709
    Registration date : 2008-05-24

5 yr old mauled by a dog Empty 5 yr old mauled by a dog

Post by bordercolliepup Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:44 pm

A DISTRAUGHT mother has spoken of her anguish after her five-year-old daughter was mauled by a dog – days after going into foster care.
    The youngster, who cannot be named, was forced to undergo emergency surgery for nine hours, having 10 stitches in her face, at Treliske Hospital, Truro, after the attack by a cocker spaniel on Sunday afternoon.
    The attack, by the foster parents' pet, happened at their home in the Restormel area. It is believed a young boy also witnessed the incident.
    Newquay Guardian
    “She was put into child protection so that she would be safe, not to let this happen,” she said. “I want a full investigation into this. I wasn't informed until six hours after it happened and at first was told it was 'just a scratch'; nothing to worry about.
    Then, 23 hours later, I find out this 'little scratch' actually turns out to be 10 stitches in her face. It is horrific. She should be with her mum now.”
    Despite the attack, police said the dog had not been destroyed and the five-year-old has returned to live with the foster parents.
    The mother said this was unacceptable: “If it was my dog that had attacked someone else's child then it would be destroyed. And she would certainly not then be sent back to the place where it happened, where she will relive the incident over and over in her mind.” Following any incident of concern we automatically review procedures.”
    Newquay police would not comment until further investigations had been carried out, but confirmed the dog was “still being assessed
    bordercolliepup
    bordercolliepup
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 709

5 yr old mauled by a dog Empty Re: 5 yr old mauled by a dog

Post by bordercolliepup Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:02 pm

The reasons behind the girl being in foster care

The youngster was put into foster care on June 11 after being taken from her family home near Fraddon by social services.
    Her mother was married to a convicted criminal, who was jailed back in 2005 for more than a decade of domestic violence against her.
    A paramedic described one incident as the worst he had seen in 14 years. After the father's release in February, the mother decided to give the relationship another go for their children's sake.
    But, after reporting a violent incident to social services earlier this year, the young girl was taken into care – despite a successful injunction against the father, who now lives in Somerset.
    The mother, who lives with her other three children aged 23, 19 and 16, said: “I was the victim of domestic violence – we have never done anything wrong. My daughter wanted for nothing here, she was so happy. So why am I being punished for this now? I was told that I was a good, loving parent. The father never laid a finger on his kids, that's the ironic part. I was the battered one.
    “I feel like I have been punished twice; living with domestic violence throughout my life and then when he (the father) goes away and the problem is removed, they take my little girl away from me.”
    She is only allowed to see her daughter during supervised sessions, several times a week.
    A county council statement said: “We can confirm the county council is assisting police with inquires into an incident in the home of a registered foster carer.
    “All foster carers undergo a rigorous assessment and statutory checking process, which includes issues of safety in the home, in complete accordance with National Minimum Standards and Fostering Regulations 2002 and this authority's procedures are audited annually against these standards by Ofsted. Following any incident of concern we automatically review procedures
    jazzanova
    jazzanova
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female
    Number of posts : 268
    Registration date : 2008-05-30

Post by jazzanova Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:35 pm

This country is soooooooo messed up so sad
    loppylou
    loppylou
    Dog Whisperer
    Dog Whisperer

Female
    Number of posts : 864
    Registration date : 2008-06-15

Post by loppylou Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:23 am

its just not fair
    Jen
    Jen
    TopDog

Female
    Number of posts : 1735

Post by Jen Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:07 am

totally agree with you guys!
    minnie
    minnie
    Pack Leader
    Pack Leader

Female
    Number of posts : 438
    Registration date : 2008-06-17

Post by minnie Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:24 pm

social services are so mixed up and dont have a clue , i have delt with them over the years through my job. they tend to push the main objectives to one side and end up following a lott of the silly things and end up putting time and effort in to the wrong areas. this article does not say why the child was bitten and what she was doing at the time of the incident so you cant judge the animal for its actions.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 3:42 am